Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Curious and Scared

My question is fairly simple. I had sexual intercourse with a couple of men two years ago. One was unprotected. If he didn't ejaculate in me, are the chances still high that I would have HIV if he had it? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Jackson

The risk of becoming HIV infected from a single episode of sexual intercourse with an HIV infected partner is fairly low (about 1 in a 1000 on average). Since it has been 2 years since your last exposure, the easient thing to do is just have an HIV antibody test performed to settle this worrisome issue.

BJ

AIDS
Worried about being tested positive