Apr 24, 2003
I was tested in 4/2000 for hiv while being pregnant the results were negative. i had unprotected sex in Jan. 1999 could this test have been accurate it was given at hospital(womens contemporary care facility)?
Response from Dr. Jackson
If you tested negative for HIV antibody more than a year after you had unprotected sex with someone of unknown HIV status or HIV+ status, then you can be confident that you are not HIV infected.
confused,what's your advise?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- When Would Know If You Have Herpes After Coming In Contact?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Kind Of Doctor Should I See For Hpv?
- What Do Herpes Looks Like On Your Lips?
- What Do Herpes Warts First Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.