|What are the chances?
Apr 8, 2003
How long does it take for HIV to show up in blood? My girlfriend's ex-boyfriend tested positive last week, and she hasn't been with him in 14 months? She had a test about 12 months ago and it was negative. So even though she tested negative and hasn't had sex with him since, could it just have been to slow to get to her blood?
Response from Dr. Jackson
It is unlikely your girlfriend is HIV positive if she tested negative 2 months after her last exposure to him even if he were positive 14 months ago at the time of last exposure. However, I suggest she be tested one more time as some people may take several months before they become HIV antibody positive from the time of exposure.
HIV+, PREGNANT, ? ABOUT DELIVERY
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.