|What are the chances?
Apr 8, 2003
How long does it take for HIV to show up in blood? My girlfriend's ex-boyfriend tested positive last week, and she hasn't been with him in 14 months? She had a test about 12 months ago and it was negative. So even though she tested negative and hasn't had sex with him since, could it just have been to slow to get to her blood?
Response from Dr. Jackson
It is unlikely your girlfriend is HIV positive if she tested negative 2 months after her last exposure to him even if he were positive 14 months ago at the time of last exposure. However, I suggest she be tested one more time as some people may take several months before they become HIV antibody positive from the time of exposure.
HIV+, PREGNANT, ? ABOUT DELIVERY
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Thrush After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.