Women and HIVWomen and HIV

too private to broadcast

My mother has been telling every one that i am +. I can understand that she needs a support system, but she even tells business aquaintances. I think she is going too far,it should be a personal choice, deciding who& when to tell my decision,not hers. How can I let her know that I am hurt by this without offending her?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

It sounds as if your mother may be trying to come to grips with your diagnosis and she may be talking with others in order to try to get more information about HIV or to help her process her feelings. Many medical facilities that care for HIV positive people have social workers and support groups who may be able to help you to understand why your mother is doing this and how to approach her.

HIV from Blood Donation??
HIV+, PREGNANT, ? ABOUT DELIVERY