Women and HIVWomen and HIV

HIV from Blood Donation??

I donated blood two days ago. I THINK I'm being paranoid but, I noticed that the funnel which was connected to the tube directly connected to my vein (the blood was funneled into test tubes for lab tests) had spots of blood in its inside after one test tube has been filled (I didn't check if its clean before). I'm not sure if the blood is mine! What if it's from another person?? I think Red Cross say they use new equipments every single time. I am afraid there may be human error. What if the nurse used an old one? And the blood flowed back into my body?? Do they dispose of the funnel along with the connecting tube after each donation? ARGH i'm scared to death. I know I sound Really paranoid. But i need comforting words. I'm worried to death at the moment! I can't study! I can't sleep!

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Clean set ups are used for each donor, so there is absolutely no chance of you acquiring HIV infection from blood donation.

HIV and clothes
too private to broadcast