|was i tested for H.I.V
Mar 30, 2003
7 months ago i had a pregnancy termination. Before the termination took place swabs were taken from me and I had blood tests, this i was told was to see if i had any "infections". I am now worried that i may have H.I.V, i have not slept with anyone else since the termination. If i had had H.I.V then would it have shown up on the blood tests and swabs taken at the hospital?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Since clinical practices vary regarding HIV and STD testing prior to termination, you should ask your provider what tests were done and for their results. If you are specifically concerned about HIV, you should discuss your concerns with your provider and ask to be tested if testing was not done.
recurrent yeast infections
HIV and clothes
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Topping Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.