Women and HIVWomen and HIV

was i tested for H.I.V

7 months ago i had a pregnancy termination. Before the termination took place swabs were taken from me and I had blood tests, this i was told was to see if i had any "infections". I am now worried that i may have H.I.V, i have not slept with anyone else since the termination. If i had had H.I.V then would it have shown up on the blood tests and swabs taken at the hospital?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Since clinical practices vary regarding HIV and STD testing prior to termination, you should ask your provider what tests were done and for their results. If you are specifically concerned about HIV, you should discuss your concerns with your provider and ask to be tested if testing was not done.

recurrent yeast infections
HIV and clothes