Mar 29, 2003
My boyfriend gave me gonnorrhea. I am worried because I believe he took his HIV test too early. He took it about 3-4 weeks after he cheated on me and realized he had gonnorhea. I also want to know can your family doctor give you an HIV test without your permission?
Response from Dr. Aberg
Your family doctor cannot test you for HIV without your permission. If you are concerned that you may have acquired HIV, I usually recommend repeat testing after 3 months or if high suspicion that the other person has HIV or you develop symptoms, I do tests for primary HIV infection which include HIV viral load.
Dr. Aberg Help!!
Are standard tests run during pregnancy?
- Is Sinus Infection An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Loose Stool Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.