Mar 29, 2003
My boyfriend gave me gonnorrhea. I am worried because I believe he took his HIV test too early. He took it about 3-4 weeks after he cheated on me and realized he had gonnorhea. I also want to know can your family doctor give you an HIV test without your permission?
Response from Dr. Aberg
Your family doctor cannot test you for HIV without your permission. If you are concerned that you may have acquired HIV, I usually recommend repeat testing after 3 months or if high suspicion that the other person has HIV or you develop symptoms, I do tests for primary HIV infection which include HIV viral load.
Dr. Aberg Help!!
Are standard tests run during pregnancy?
- Itchy Skin During Seroconversion
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Getting Scratched Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.