Women and HIVWomen and HIV

I am 14 !!!! and need your help!! a.s.a.p.!!!!!

please!! anyone of you expert doctors need! to help me out!! please!! :( ok...... i am 14 female....and i would like to know A.S.A.P!! if i could get HIV! from my friend who is a girl because she had a blood test on March.24/03.....and she might have it but the results didn't come in yet... and i was wondering because i shared my lipgloss with her ... she didn't slobber on it she just used it normaly......and yeah but will i get HIV from this sharing lipgloss ?????!!!! because i am really!! scared!!!!

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

HIV is only passed through sexual transmission, sharing needles, or receiving a blood transfusion from an HIV positive person. Many studies have shown that HIV is rarely, if ever, passed among family members, even if they share food, drinking glasses, toothbrushes, etc. So, sharing lip gloss would be unlikely to pass infection. There's a lot of information on this web site about HIV transmission -- I'd urge you to check it out for more details.

Female check ups
Could yeast be the problem?