Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Is this possible,when wife has HIV positive and Husband will be non HIV.

HI Sir/madam

My wife has HIV Positive tested in 2000,(which i did not know)but we have got married in 2002, i am having sex with her from one year without using condom.

Few day's back i had Fungal infection on my penis and i had sex with her without using condom and i had some wounds on my penis as well, now am worried about my risk of transmission HIV from Wife to me. this i came to know after i had sex with her with fungal infected penis,she didn't inform me about her HIV positive before.

DO you think am going to be HIV positive?

Now She also pregnant also,

Her Blood report as follows

CD4 percentage : seen 21.1 and normal is 30-60

CD4 absolute count seen is 418 cells and normal is 500 to 1000 cells.

Do you think the baby will also have HIV??

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

To answer your first question, there is always a risk of infection; however, HIV is less commonly transmitted from a woman to a man. You should be tested for HIV.

WIthout antiretroviral therapy, about 25% of HIV positive women transmit the virus to their babies. The risk of transmission can be markedly decreased by maternal treatment to suppress viral load to under 1000 copies/ml. Perinatal antiretroviral regimens (AZT, AZT/3TC, or nevirapine) are also quite effective. The Guide to the Use of Antiretroviral Agents During Pregnancy (available on this web site) provides a fairly thorough discussion of current understanding of mother-to-child HIV-1 transmission and treatment regimens to decrease transmission. I would urge you and your wife to review the information and discuss options to keep your wife as healthy as possible, as well as to prevent HIV transmission to your baby.

Yeast Infection in women.
Female Symptoms