Women and HIVWomen and HIV

my partner is hiv positive and i'm negative.

What are the chances of me being infected if my partner's viral load is not detectable? His Tcell count is extremely high and how high is the risk for myself and an unborn child if I choose to get pregnant?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

While your partner's blood viral load is undetectable, there still may be infectious virus in his semen. So the risk of infection is likely lower but not zero. Acquisition of HIV infection during pregnancy is thought to carry an increased risk of infection to the baby. In vitro fertilization or sperm washing are two procedures that could decrease the risk of your infection but IVF is expensive and sperm washing is only available in a couple of places. You and your partner should discuss your options with your care provider.

Please help on HIV-breastmilk Question-
RE:how safe is it to have a baby