Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Tested Positive, partner tested Negative. Is that possible?

On the 11th February I tested positive and my partner went on the 17th and he tested negative and that confuses me because we've been together for 6 years and we've never used condoms. Is that possible?After I showed him I that I tested positive we agreed on having sex for the last time on the 14th without using a condom knowing he is also positive, but he went and he on the 17 and he is negative. Please respond.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

It sounds as if you are questioning your results, given your boyfriend's results. You should check back with your caregiver to go over the testing and results, and if there is any question, repeat the testing.

It is possible for a partner of an HIV positive individual to remain HIV negative for prolonged periods of time. Transmission from a woman to a man is thought to be less efficient than from a man to a woman. However, there is always the risk of transmission. It sounds as if you and your partner have already begun to discuss safe sex practices. There is lots of information on this web site, including a whole forum, on safe sex, which you might find helpful.

ELISA test in kentucky.
2 women still very much in Love