Women and HIVWomen and HIV

ELISA test in kentucky.

Hello, I had sex with a guy from thailand and a few guys from india. i got tested after 7 months of last risky exposure and was negative on ELISA. my question is, Does ELISA test for strains of HIV found in thailand and india. i got tested at an STD clinic in kentucky. would their testing equipment be reliable? please don't ignore my question. i'm really scared coz i recently got pregnant and i want to know if i need further testing. :( thanks.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

The ELISA test screens for antibodies to HIV-1 and works to diagnose infection regardless of the origin of the virus. If you havehad ongoing potential exposures, you should be re-tested.

Naive Teenager
Tested Positive, partner tested Negative. Is that possible?