Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Tested Positive, partner tested Negative. Is that possible?

I've been tested HIV positive 3 weeks ago. I told my partner same day. The following week he went for his test and he is HIV negative, we've been together for 6 years now and we were alway doing unprotective sex. He is the only guy that I've been sharing sex with for all these years. Is that possible?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

You may wish to have confirmatory testing to be sure. If positive, it is possible that you were infected prior to your present partner. Lack of transmisison thus far does not mean that your partner is immune -- transmisison from female to male occurs less frequnetly but there is alwasy a risk of transmission. I would urge you and your partner to discuss safe sex. There is a lot of information on safe sex (and a Forum) on this web site.

cmv /fetus
Adoption - prognosis of HIV+ adopted baby