Women and HIVWomen and HIV

hiv 2?

I have asked questions several times on this site and haven't been answered yet. Please Please answer this and post.

I had unprotected vaginal sex with a man and a strange kissing expereince 3 weeks later. The strange thing about it was that he spit something into my mouth. My fear is that it was blood mixed with saliva and I swallowed it.

Is it possible to get hiv by swallowing saliva / blood.

We have both been tested at 3 months negitive. However, now my concern is HIV 2 - what are the chances of HIV2. Do you have an statistical data on HIV 2.

I am concerned because I have lost 6 pounds and cannot gain weight, mouth has white coating which sometimes scrapes off and swollen lymph noid in the neck area for 2 1/2 months now.

Please give me your professiona opinion. I am very stressed and cannot function well because of worry.

Thank you. T.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

Many tests that are used screen for HIV 1 and 2; based on your history I am not concerned that you are infected with either virus; JLS.

Positive HIV-1/2
please provide an answer this time PLEASE!