Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please. please answer, .. very worried
Feb 20, 2003

hi Dr Sullivan I have tried to ask this question several times in this site but nobidy answered me.please help me,

I am 23 years old hetrosexual girl. I had unprotected sex with my ex-boyfriend three times. Two time without ejaculation and once he ejaculated but not inside me.I don't know his hiv statue but he was saying that he is negative.

any way I got tested negative 105 days following the last intercourse, using a fourth generation test called (VIDAS HIV DUO for simultaneous detection of antibody and p24 antigen). Do you think that I can trust this result and go on with my life?do you think that I need another test?

please answer I am a student and it's now 4 months that I am not able to study.

thanks alot.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You can be reassured you are not infected;JLS.

Previous
how high is my risk
Next
Are there any #s for me?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.