Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Concerned with body

I have had symptoms of a pink spots on my chest. I had a couple on my back and a few days later they appeared heavily on my chest. They do not itch or burn. I took a valume and wondered if that could be a reaction a week later. I have also been tested for HIV at 10 1/2 weeks. The test was negative. Would you be concerned the test was invalid and this is a sign of HIV?

Response from Dr. Sullivan

The rash you describe does not go along with HIV; you are not likely to be infected with HIV but if you need further reassurance you should get another HIV test at or after 12 weeks; JLS.

antibody testing
how high is my risk