Women and HIVWomen and HIV

antibody testing

I had unprotected sex between June 9 and June 23. I got freaked out and went to my gynecologist to get tested on September 2. This was 10 1/2 weeks to 11 weeks after exposure. I am not sure what test was performed, but I am assuming it was the antibody test. The test was negative. I have been freaking out worried it was a false negative, since the CDC tells you to wait atleast 3 months. Do you think I should get re-tested, or do you think my negative result can be trusted?

Response from Dr. Sullivan

I think that if you still have anxiety over the result you should seek another test to reassure you that you are not infected. A second test done at or after 12 weeks will indicate that you are not HIV infected.JLS.

Hello Mr. Sullivan
Concerned with body