Women and HIVWomen and HIV

HIV and Condoms

have been pos for 6 months. I am on Viread and Kaletra and responding well, good tcells, low Vload and not sick. I recently had unprotected sex with someone who is also HIV pos. I was told I risked reinfection and other things. I did not know you could get reinfected. I do not feel comfortable talking to my doctor about this. He is friends with my mom. How damaging and serious is what I did? I will never had unsafe sex again, but did I really do something that could make me real sick now.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You should not worry to much about this episode ; you are right in always having safe sex in the future; it is possible to get reinfected and if the virus which causes the new infection is resistant to one or more of the medications you are currently taking the new infection may be difficult to control; JLS.

sudden bloating and edema
Hello Mr. Sullivan