Women and HIVWomen and HIV

sudden bloating and edema

Hi, I have moved recently and have a new doc who has me see his nurse practioner. My problem is this, they switched me from Paxil to Zoloft for depression. I take viracept, epivir and zerit and am in good health. Good labs, t cells and viral load. Tcells around 400. About a week after beginning the zoloft i noticed some swelling of my hands, feet and eyes when waking in the morning. It seemed to get better as the day went on and occasionally I would notice it at night but not as bad. I told the nurse practitioner and she told me to stop the zoloft and call her in a week if the swelling didn't resolve and then she prescribed Wellbutrin. Now my stomach is suddenly bloated and my left arm feels strange. I feel great other than the discomfort of the bloating. I am going to talk to the doctor to see if I can see him instead of the nurse practioner as this is not normal for me, but until I can see my ID doctor do you have any ideas? Should I be greatly concerned? (I am a little scared by this) I stopped the zoloft after only three weeks of taking it and have been off of it for four days now and suddenly the stomach bloating. My stomach is huge! Thanks for your help

Response from Dr. Sullivan

I agree with your decision to ask to see the doctor; you should be able to get a medication which is not associated with the symptoms you describe; JLS.

he negative/she positive
HIV and Condoms