|Do they randomly test in hospitals
Feb 9, 2003
Hi before you undergo a surgery and right when they give you a blood test before surgery do hospitals test for HIV too or do you have to request it specifically?
Response from Dr. Aberg
Some hospitals will offer you conselling and testing for an HIV test but it is not done routinely as part of a hospital admission. If you want to have a HIV test done, you should request your doctor to have it done with the appropriate counselling.
Is it risky to have a baby?
- Do Hospitals Test For HIV Before Surgery?
- Can Hepatitis B Vaccination Interfere With Hiv Test?
- Does Antihistamine Affect Hiv Testing?
- What Do You Do If You Accidentally Inject Yourself With Hiv Needle?
- How Long Can The Aids Virus Last Once Airborne?
- Woulds Hiv Or Aids Show Up Through A Blood Culture
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.