|Could a child born to HIV+ Mother be HIV+ at 8 years without SYMPTOMS?
Jan 25, 2003
An HIV+ mother had a newborn who was put on AZT in 1995. Could that child be HIV+ now? If so, would they be tested yearly by regular pediatrician?
Response from Dr. Jackson
If the baby tested negative for HIV antibody after 18 months of age, the baby is not infected.
Will a baby affect my condition & no.s??
Further explanation Please
- Is Sweaty Hands A Sign Of Hiv?
- How Many Pills A Day Does Someone With Hiv And Aids Take?
- Hiv And Armpit Rash
- Will My Body Carry The Hpv Virus Forever?
- What Type Of Specialist To See Regarding Shingles?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.