|Will a baby affect my condition & no.s??
Jan 24, 2003
I have been positive for the last 2yrs 2months,my vl has remained less than 50 ever since and my cd4 is currently 754.Not yet on meds. Been thinking of having a baby this year. Will this affect my numbers and general condition?
Response from Dr. Jackson
Pregnancy has not been shown to cause a worsening in your clinical condition associated with HIV infection. It is very unlikely that your baby would become infected with your low viral load, but I recommend you receive antiretroviral therapy should you become pregnant to further decrease the risk.
Could a child born to HIV+ Mother be HIV+ at 8 years without SYMPTOMS?
- Itchy Red Spots Could I Have HIV
- Seroconverting After Sex With A Prostitute
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Short Term And Long Term Effects Of Genital Herpes
- What Does A Lot Of Clear Vaginal Discharge Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.