|Will a baby affect my condition & no.s??
Jan 24, 2003
I have been positive for the last 2yrs 2months,my vl has remained less than 50 ever since and my cd4 is currently 754.Not yet on meds. Been thinking of having a baby this year. Will this affect my numbers and general condition?
Response from Dr. Jackson
Pregnancy has not been shown to cause a worsening in your clinical condition associated with HIV infection. It is very unlikely that your baby would become infected with your low viral load, but I recommend you receive antiretroviral therapy should you become pregnant to further decrease the risk.
Could a child born to HIV+ Mother be HIV+ at 8 years without SYMPTOMS?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Can You Get Herpes From Semen?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.