|Newborn given AZT if only Dad HIV+?
Jan 24, 2003
Would a newborn be put on AZT if only the father were HIV+ or would the mother also have to be HIV+?
Response from Dr. Jackson
A newborn would not receive AZT if the father was HIV positive and the mother HIV Negative.
breast feeding and concerned about baby
- Hiv Symptoms 8 Weeks After Exposure
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- Will Using A Condom Protect From Genital Warts?
- Will Urine Be A Certain Color If You Have Chlamydia?
- Will Syphilis Recur If You Already Have It?
- What Do Herpes Looks Like On Your Lips?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.