Women and HIVWomen and HIV

breast feeding and concerned about baby

I am 25y female hiv-, married for two years and my husband is tested hiv+ three months ago. We have 3 months old daughter and I am breast feeding. We had unprotected sex for almost two years(before knowing his status).My husband beleives he got infected 4 years ago but he didnot know. Our last exposure was 17 weeks ago. I was tested negative in 9th week and 16th week. I am breastfeeding and very concerned about my baby. Baby and I don't have any symptoms. Is my baby at risk? should I stop breastfeeding her? Can I be infected

Response from Dr. Jackson

If you tested negative 16 weeks after the exposure, it is highly unlikely you are infected, but if you want the risk of transmission to your baby to be zero, then stop breastfeeding.

BJ

Can you please help me?
Newborn given AZT if only Dad HIV+?