Women and HIVWomen and HIV

QUESTIONS?

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME YES OR NO. MY CHILD WAS BITE BY ANOTHER CHILD AND I WANT TO KNOW DO I NEED TO TEST HER, THE BITE WAS THROUGH MY CHILD'S SHIRT WHICH I DIDN'T SEE BLOOD, AND MY DAUGTHER DIDN'T BLEED. NEXT HOW COULD MY TODDLER BECOME INFECTED WITH HIV OUTSIDE OF SEX, AND NEEDLES? HOW SOON WOULD SIGNS SHOW UP IN TODDLER'S? WOULD THEY AT LEAST BE SICKER THEN NORMAL WITHOUT ME EVEN KNOWING THAT SHE HAD GOTTEN HIV? AND SINCE SHE GOES TO DAYCARE, SHOUDL I TEST HER EVERY SIX MONTHS SINCE I DON'T KNOW IF SHE EVER COMES INTO CONTACT WITH HIV?

Response from Dr. Jackson

In general, HIV transmission from a bite is extremely rare especially if the skin is not broken. Nor is it clear that the child who bit your child is even HIV infected. So in your case, it is highly unlikely, but if you are very anxious about this, then have your child tested for HIV antibody. In the future, unless there is an obvious exposure, I would not test my child.

BJ

Possibility of becoming infected following childbirth
Male Giving Oral and Women Receiving