Jan 4, 2003
I AM 37 WKS PREGNANT AND RECENTLY GOT BLOOD ON MY HAND FROM SOMEONE WHOSE STATUS I DON'T KNOW, I HAD A CAT SCRATCH THAT'S ALL I COULD SEE, DO I NEED A TEST? OR IS THIS NOT SOMETHING TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT.
Response from Dr. Jackson
The risk of HIV transmission from such a blood exposure is less than 1 in a 1000 when you know the blood is HIV infected so your risk is exceedingly small.
prostaglandin induction and Hiv risk transmission
- Does Hiv Rash Goes Away For Itself?
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Eating Something With Infected Blood On It?
- Why Am I Breaking Out With Shingles Constantly?
- White Blood Cells And Chlamydia
- What Happens If You Have Unprotected Sex And You Have Hpv?
- What Color Is The Fluid Inside Herpes Blisters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.