Women and HIVWomen and HIV

general information

Dear doctor, I am from INDIA. My mom was found to be HIV-POSITIVE last year. Her CD4 counts were increased from 204 to 457 by taking tabs. named 'DUOVIR-N' . She is also suffering from TUBERCULOSIS. Is she taking the right medicines and what she should do now for better improvement? What she should take to improve her diet?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

With the increase in her CD4 count, it sounds as if your mother has experienced some benefit from her antiviral medications. Continued follow-up of her CD4 count (and viral load, if possible) will be important to be sure that she continues to benefit. Treatment (and follow-up) is also important if she has active TB. As your mother is followed up, I would urge you and your mother to discuss her progress and treatment options with her care provider.

Household contacts
Questions