Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Are my children infected?

HELLO, I have a question it might sound stupid but here goes! I have tested hiv negative two times years after possible exposure and my wife has also tested negative.WE have two children together if by some chance my test results were wrong and I were positive could my children be infected even though she is hiv negative.she would have to be hiv positive right for there to be a chance of them being infected during birth. MY children are ages 5 and 3 she my wife has tested hiv negative in august of this year! THANK YOU

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Your wife would have to be infected in order to pass the virus to the children.

HIV+ and pregnant
Peripheral neuropathy