Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Child at risk?

CAN YOU TELL ME IF MY DAUGTHER WOULD BE AT RISK IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WAYS:

A CHILD BITING HER ON HER STOMACH THROUGH MY DAUGTHER'S SHIRT, NO BLOOD FROM MY DAUGTHER, BUT I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN EXACTLY BY BREAK IN THE SKIN, I WOULD THINK OF IT CAUSING BLOOD, AND IT DIDN'T. OR IF SHE SHARED A LOLLIPOP OR DRINK ETC, EVEN IF THE PERSON MIGHT HAVE BLOOD IN THEIR MOUTH SINCE I WOULDN'T KNOW IF THEY DID OR NOT. OR BLOOD GETTING ON HER HANDS FROM SOMEONE ON ACCIDENT. PLEASE HELP I WANT TO PROTECT HER, CDC SAID THAT BLOOD CONTACT WASN'T EVER THE CAUSE OF INFECTION EXCEPT IN HEALTH CARE BUT I NEED TO HEAR IT AGAIN. THANK YOU. MY CHILD IS 19 MONTHS OLD, SHE WOULD SHOW THE SIGNS RIGHT AFTER THE FIRST RESPONSE TO HIV RIGHT?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

While there have been a few reported cases of HIV transmission following human bites, this is exceedingly rare. To my knowledge, there have not been any documented cases of HIV transmission in day care, a setting in which biting is fairly common. In addition, transmission in household settings, in which household members share food, eating utensils, etc. , is extremely rare.

Pregnancy
How can I tell if I am fertile?