Women and HIVWomen and HIV

asking for information

Dear Doctor, i underwent PEP for 30 days(combivir/sustiva) two years ago. I am a 33 year old male. I am hiv negative. I now wish to have a child. Will my offspring be exposed to the possible effects of these drugs(teratogenic/carcinogenic) PLEASE explain how these drugs work in terms of how long they stay in your system. I am confused because I know they operate on the cellular level, so I don't know if your body ever "clears" them. Any kind of clarity or explaination you could offer would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You have no reason to be concerned; there is no evidence that PEP would affect you or your child over the long term; JLS.

Influenza shot interfere with Rapid testing?