Dec 1, 2002
My 7 year ols son was on Sustiva, Zerit and Epivir for 2 years and stayed undetectable for two years, recently his viral load went up , resistance tests were done , 2 mutations were foung, one to Sustiva, another one to 3tc. What is another good combination that would fully supress the virus hopefully to undetectable again. I am really scared of the protease inhibitors because of some scary side effects that I have heard about.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
The best chance for complete suppression will include a protease inhibitor[s]; these can be tolerated for long periods by children without significant side effects; JLS.
Need 2 Know
Influenza shot interfere with Rapid testing?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Massage?
- What Is The Risk Of Sucking Penis?
- Is Sex With A Prostitute Safe?
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.