Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Possible HIV infection 8 1/2 years ago

I have been in a relationship with the same man for 8 1/2 years. I need to be tested before we decide to have children. I am aware a person with the HIV virus can go asymptomatic for up to 15 years. I recently got over pneumonia and now have concerns that I am infected. What are the chances that my husband and my self would have both gone asymptomatic this long. I am concerned and haven't been able to receive any information concerning my topic.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

If you are concerned that you may be HIV infected you should seek a physician or an anonymous testing site to obtain an HIV test; JLS.

mother diagnosed with full blown aids breast feeding infant
AIDS Transmission for SWFs