|Possible HIV infection 8 1/2 years ago
Nov 7, 2002
I have been in a relationship with the same man for 8 1/2 years. I need to be tested before we decide to have children. I am aware a person with the HIV virus can go asymptomatic for up to 15 years. I recently got over pneumonia and now have concerns that I am infected. What are the chances that my husband and my self would have both gone asymptomatic this long. I am concerned and haven't been able to receive any information concerning my topic.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
If you are concerned that you may be HIV infected you should seek a physician or an anonymous testing site to obtain an HIV test; JLS.
mother diagnosed with full blown aids breast feeding infant
AIDS Transmission for SWFs
- Can Hiv Show Up Years After Being Infected?
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.