Nov 7, 2002
My sister was recently diagnosed with TB Meningitis after she collapsed at work. she was in a coma for a day or 2, her lefts side became numb but is now slowly recovering. Is TB Meningitis one of the symptoms of HIV? Could you please explain that.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
TB is much more common and severe in an individual with HIV infection because HIV destroys the immune system which is necessary to control infection with TB; JLS.
Woman Poz...Hubby Neg
- What Is The Meaning Of Chlamydia Igm And Igg?
- What Happens If You Have Gonorrhea For A Year Without Treatment?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Does Herpes On The Vagina Look Like?
- Effects Of Touching Genital Warts With A Finger
- Symptoms Of Syphilis In Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.