Nov 7, 2002
My sister was recently diagnosed with TB Meningitis after she collapsed at work. she was in a coma for a day or 2, her lefts side became numb but is now slowly recovering. Is TB Meningitis one of the symptoms of HIV? Could you please explain that.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
TB is much more common and severe in an individual with HIV infection because HIV destroys the immune system which is necessary to control infection with TB; JLS.
Woman Poz...Hubby Neg
- Is Sore On Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Tingling In Fingers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute And HIV Transmission Risk
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.