Nov 7, 2002
If I was hiv+ would this have been recognised during my recent pregnancy and birth? If I was do you think this would have been picked up?
Response from Dr. Sullivan
The only way to be certain that you are not infected with HIV is to have an HIV antibody test; you should have been aware if an HIV test was done during your pregnancy; if it was not done , you should ask your doctor to perform an HIV antibody test; JLS.
Anxiety is huge!!
- What To Do About Feeling Fatigued And Dizzy With Hep C?
- Can You Kiss A Person Who Is Hiv Positive?
- Can Herpes Cause Hiv?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- How Accurate Are Rapid Hiv Tests?
- How Bad Will The Muscle Aches Be When You Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.