Nov 7, 2002
If I was hiv+ would this have been recognised during my recent pregnancy and birth? If I was do you think this would have been picked up?
Response from Dr. Sullivan
The only way to be certain that you are not infected with HIV is to have an HIV antibody test; you should have been aware if an HIV test was done during your pregnancy; if it was not done , you should ask your doctor to perform an HIV antibody test; JLS.
Anxiety is huge!!
- How Long Does It Take An Hiv Positive Person To Start Showing Signs Of The Disease?
- Atripla And Ecstasy
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Saliva?
- Will People Infected With Hiv Show The Presence Of Hiv Antibodies?
- How Long Do Symptoms Appear After Exposure To Hiv?
- Risk Of Hiv Transmission Through Scratching
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.