|NNRTI while pregnant
Oct 12, 2002
I learned I was positive after learning I was pregnant. I am very concerned for the health of my baby. My doctor wants to start me on a combo that includes Sustiva. Do you think this will work well for me or should I ask about Viramune instead? I have read some good things about it on this site in the section about women.
Response from Dr. Jackson
Sustiva has been associated with congenital malformations in the offspring of pregnant animals. There have also been a couple reports of meningocoele in babies of HIV infected pregnant women taking Sustiva. Therefore, use of Sustiva during pregnancy is not advised especially before the third trimester. Viramune would be another option.
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Hpv Cause A Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.