|Will he ever be Undetectable Again
Oct 10, 2002
My son was undetectable since he started HAART 2 years ago, I am not going to lie over the summer he was missing some doses, his last labs showed a vl of 2,000 and I am petrified that I have made him resistant. I am worrying myself to death wondering what have I done? His current meds are Sustiva(liquid), Zerit, and Epivir.What are his chances of going back to undetectable levels with proper adherence?
Response from Dr. Jackson
I suggest you first make sure he adheres to his current drug regimen, and then check a viral load after several weeks.
Mosquitoes and HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Are Genital Warts Deadly?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.