Women and HIVWomen and HIV

hiv and pregnancy

If i'm hiv positive and my husband is negative. How can he make me pregnant without me infecting him with the virus? We desperately need our biological child. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Unprotected sex will always carry the risk of infecting the uninfected partner. You might consider in vitro fertilization, a procedure in which the egg is fertilized with sperm outside the body. This procedure is fairly widely available -- you should ask your care provider to refer you to an OB/GYN who can discuss it with you.

boils under armpits