Women and HIVWomen and HIV

HIV in Other Parts of Body

Dear Dr

I am HIV+ and I have a question regarding whereabouts in my body the virus is present.I have read that only a small of the virus is in the bloodstream. My question is 'would the virus be present in ALL my bodies lymphnodes or just in some and would virus be present in the lymph nodes even when they are not swollen'.i.e in the absence of Meds if you tested any of the lymph nodes of a HIV+ person would you find HIV present?

Many Thanks

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

In HIV infected individuals, HIV is found throughout the body and can often be detected in many tissues or bodily fluids (including lymph nodes, cerebrospinal fluid, breast milk, semen), even when blood viral loads are undetectable. To specifically aswer your question, most lymph nodes likely harbor HIV, even if they are not signifcantly enlarged.

Unreasonable Pregnancy?
Re:Hiv in Other Parts Of Body