Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Am I infected?

Hello Experts, Iam 36 years female HIV-and my husband HIV+ past 5 years. In the beginning we had unprotected enocounters but after knowing his status we had protected. In Nov'2001 we did unprotect encounter and got pregnant and also did abortion. After that I am not having any particular symptoms of HIV. But I got so tired and low grade fever. After the blood test the doctor told I am suffering from Typhoid. But I have lot of confusion. Please clear my following problems, thanks for your kind job! 1. Is any possible for me? 2. Is any related between typhoid and flu?

Thank you.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Typhoid fever, a bacterial infection, and flu, a viral infection, share some symptoms but can be distinguished by medical evaluation. It is important for you to discuss your diagnosis with your provider, particularly if your symptoms persist. With your recent pregnancy, it is important for you to be tested for HIV again.

Wester Blot came back as Indeterminate
Unreasonable Pregnancy?