Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Wester Blot came back as Indeterminate

I am 11 weeks pregnant and had the Western Blot Pattern test come back inconclusive. This was the only test taken (an ELISA was not taken prior).

A little history, I had venereal warts at 16 (from a boyfriend). The doctor said that we would "lick" them; and we did, none have come back in over 16 years. I am aware that I have the hpv associated with it. Will this affect the Western Blot?

At 19, I terminated a pregnancy around 10 weeks into it.

At 27, I had a breast reduction; everything went well.

At 31, I was diagnosed with Eales' Disease - an overgrowth of blood vessels in my eyes. I received laser surgery to correct it.

I married just after turning 32 and have had the same sex partner for a year and a half. Also, please note, I have not received any blood transfusions at any.

I know I have to get retested but do you have any comments?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

You definitely should be re-rested as soon as possible. HPV positivity should not affect your Western blot results.

meds and pregnancy
Am I infected?