Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Possible exposure 10 years ago?

I had unprotected sex with a partner 10 years ago. I haven't ever had any of the common AIDS symptoms, but yet i'm still concerned. The only thing that concerns me is that I have one lymph node on the right side of my neck that has been pallpable for as long as I can remember. Is it pretty unlikely that I would be HIV+? I don't even know if he was or is HIV+. Could the one palpalable lymph node just be normal for me? I know the only way to find out for sure is to get tested. I'm just scared. Thanks alot for your response.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You are obviously concerned and a negative HIV test would put your concerns to rest; I would encourage you to get an HIV test even though I think you are not HIV infected; JLS.

Does gential herpes lead to HIV?
WHAT COCKTAIL TO BE TAKEN DURING THE COURSE OF PREGNANCY?