Women and HIVWomen and HIV

CHF/HIV

I recently had a child {2 months ago} after the birth I was told that I had ppcm {peripartum cardiomyopathy} and I was also in heart failure. I am 23 years of age my health was good before the pregnacy, there is no heart problems that run in my family. My doctor has not yet told me what had caused the problem. They ran all kinds of test on me and everything was negative. So my question is if I was exsposed to the HIV virus could this have caused my problems? I dont know what kinds of tests they run on me when I went into chf, I was to ashamed to ask about the HIV test. I had unpretected sex 4 months before becoming pregnate, with a person I really didnt know much about, so I sit and wounder??? Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions...

Response from Dr. Sullivan

It would be extremely unusual for heart problems like yours to be the only manifestations of HIV; if this remains a concern to you, you should ask your physician to test for HIV; JLS.

women-women
Relationship between PGL and Antibody production