|Please help me I'm so scared
Jul 31, 2002
I've tested negative at 8 months following a high risk exposure with a HIV + male. I've testeed negative via ELISA. Does this rule out infection with HIV or do I need to test again. I'm hoping to get pregnant (with my HIV negative partner) in the next couple of months, do you think it is safe to do so?
Response from Dr. Jackson
I think that you are not HIV infected if you have tested HIV antibody negative 8 months after your exposure.
Pregnant & Curious...
HELP! My sex drive is gone!
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Shingles After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Amoxicillin Syphilis Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.