Women and HIVWomen and HIV

WOMEN&HIV

ABOUT 4YRS. AGO I FOUND OUT I WAS HIV+.I WAS PREGNANT AND WENT TO GET AN ABORTION,BEFORE I WENT TO GET THE ABORTION I HAD BEEN TESTED FOUR TIMES ALL TEST WERE NEGATIVE,AND THE GUY I WAS PREGNANT FOR IS STILL TESTING NEGATIVE!! MY QUESTION IS COULD I HAVE CONTRACTED HIV FROM THE ABORTION CLINIC??THEY GAVE ME A LOCAL ANESTESIA INJECTION,I REALLY COULDNT TELL IF THEY HAD SSTEERILIZE THE EQUIPMENT.IM GOING CRAZY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW AND WHEN I COULD HAVE CONTRACTED IT?

Response from Dr. Jackson

Instruments or needles exposed to HIV+ blood which have not subsequently been sterilized could potentially transmit HIV. This type of transmission has been documented with dental procedures. Other risk factors should also be considered. If you have only had one positive HIV test, I suggest you be tested again to confirm HIV infection. You may also want to ask your partner to actually let you see see the lab report of his HIV negative test results.

BJ

Can HIV live in a breastpump?
9 motnths and HIV positive