|No meds today, want a baby, meds for how long?
Jul 13, 2002
Good morning Doctors. I'm a 31 years old woman HIV+ since 1997 thanks to an accident in a non developed area. My current CD4 count is 1268 and VL is 3,000. CD4 always have been between 50 and 40 while VL increased only once to 20k but went back to 3k without any med after 6 months. My question is the following. I am aware that for increasing the chance of my baby not being infected I should get on therapy during pregnancy, what nobody told me yet is if that's a life time decision or if I could stop meds after delivery. Both me and my doctor are very happy with how things are going and I would like to stay off from meds as much as possible. Thanks for your help
Response from Dr. Jackson
After delivery it is possible that you could stop therapy and still have only a modest increase in viral load, but this is hard to predict.
Pregnancy in one year
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.