Jul 5, 2002
How is it possible/accurate that an HIV test result would come positive for the pregnant mother and negative for the father. Is there an anomaly in the test and what is margin of in/accurate for both can there be.
Response from Dr. Jackson
Pregnant women have a higher risk of a false positive HIV test so if you doubt you are HIV infected, get retested for HIV antibody as well as HIV RNA.
Worried about cervical cancer
No meds today, want a baby, meds for how long?
- Itchy Testicles After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.