|Nelfinavir dosing in baby
Jun 3, 2002
Dear Dr. Katherine,
Back on November 20, 2001, you recommended a Nelfinavir dosing of 55-65 mg/kg/dose given every 12 hours for young infants. Do you still recommend this dosing?
Thank you for any more advice.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Yes, that is the recommended dose range for nelfinavir in this age group. It is usually well-tolerated and I'm happy to hear that your baby is tolerating it well. My only other advice would be to follow HIV RNA levels every 3 months or so to be sure that this regimen is continuing to control the virus.
Can HPV spread to your breasts and infect breastfeeding children?
A healthy baby.
- Is Sore On Tongue A Sign Of HIV?
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.