|husband positive, wife negative, baby wanted
May 31, 2002
My husband was diagnosed of hiv last year, and his viral load is less than 100. I tested negative. How can we have a baby without me being infected or the baby.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
in vitro fertilization would be the best hope with the least risk but there would still be a risk of 1% or less.JLS.
Positive 1/2 antibodies Negative Western blot
Months old baby...could she be infected?
- Husband Diagnosed Hiv Positive I'm Negative
- What The Chances Of Getting Herpes Without An Outbreak?
- What Over The Counter Medication Can Help Get Rid Of Shingles?
- What If You Have Chlamydia For Over A Year?
- What If You Don't Take Medicine For Shingles?
- Symptoms Of Gonorrhea In The Mouth
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.