Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Positive 1/2 antibodies Negative Western blot

I was notified by the red cross that I tested positive for HIV 1/2 antibodies and retested by my family Dr. Still HIV 1/2 pos and the western blot was negative. What would make the HIV 1/2 positive? I had gotten the TB test a few days prior to donating and also depo-provera. I am a nurse in an OB unit and exposed to many things, I am very carfull and use universal precautions. I have never been stuck. What could be the reason for the positve test, it is driving me crazy. I am at the point where my DR. cant give me an answer why it is positive, so I want to see an infectious disease DR. what do you think? Please Help!! Thank You.... :(

Response from Dr. Aberg

You may have a false positive ELISA test which is a screening test. The Western Blot (WB) is the confirmatory test. During the first few weeks of infection, one may have a positive ELISA and the WB is negative but then it becomes positive. You do not say what the time period is between the two tests. I would recommend a repeat Elisa and if positive, repeat WB, 3 months after the first one. If the WB is negative, you have a false positive laboratory test.

is my hasbend negativ ?
husband positive, wife negative, baby wanted